High School Music Teacher – Carmen Schools of Science & Technology – Milwaukee, WI
Carmen Schools of Science & Technology
Full Job Description
Carmen is hiring a 2022-2023 High School Music Teacher at our Carmen High School, Southeast campus!
$2,500 signing bonus available for this position!
Carmen Schools of Science & Technology (Carmen) is a small but growing charter school network with a mission to graduate all students as critical thinkers and self-directed learners prepared for success in college, meaningful careers, community involvement, and family life.
- Carmen Schools currently operates five campuses, each one is as an independent charter school authorized by Milwaukee Public Schools or UW-Milwaukee:
- Carmen High School of Science and Technology, South
- Carmen Middle/High School of Science and Technology, Northwest
- Carmen High School of Science and Technology, Southeast
- Carmen Middle School of Science and Technology, South
- Stellar Elementary, currently offering K4-5th grade
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Licensure issued by Wisconsin’s Department of Public Instruction (or eligibility for such licensure) in ALL subject areas to be taught
- Successful teaching experience, urban school(s) preferred
- Knowledge and skills in creating a learning environment that fosters college readiness and high student achievement
- Ability to serve as an advisor to a small group of students
- Ability to communicate effectively to achieve assigned duties and goals
- Knowledge, skills, and ability in effective classroom management
- Passion for quality education and student achievement
- Ability to function in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with a professional approach to challenges
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute meaningful and engaging learning experiences, interventions, enrichment, remediation, advising which have the academic rigor and success of a college-preparatory school, preparing students for college and meaningful careers.
- Hold themselves and their students to high standards for achievement and success academically, behaviorally, and socially.
- Know, understand, and follow all WI DPI teacher standards.
- Work with an Instructional Coach to continually improve one’s teaching practice in a way that supports raising the achievement levels of traditionally underserved students.
- Apply best practices in teaching and classroom management.
- Commit to a culture which promotes learning, respect, trust, and responsibility.
- Create trusting relationships with students and their families/guardians, involving parents in the student’s overall success.
- Analyze data with students and the learning community to set individual learning plans as well as overall team goals.
- Incorporate technology into daily teaching.
- Maintain an openness to feedback from the learning community including taking advice and making corrections in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Update PowerSchool with grades and assignments weekly posting test grades within 10 days of the test date.
- Read and respond to communication (e-mail, phone messages, etc.) daily.
- Supervise students; ensuring safety at all times.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Carmen Schools of Science and Technology.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Carmen High School of Science and Technology.
- Possess/maintain a current Wisconsin Teacher License, Charter License, or One-Year with Stipulations License in all subject areas taught.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Carmen Schools of Science and Technology provides salaries commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and worksite benefits, free life insurance, free employee assistance program (EAP), free short-term disability insurance, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and generous paid time off.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Carmen complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination. We are committed to equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, disability, genetic information, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, lay-off, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Carmen expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Any actions or behaviors that create an uncomfortable work environment and prohibit an employee to perform their expected duties will not be tolerated.
Posted 1 day ago