Head of Audio
Life’s Good at LG
At LG, we deliver products and services that make lives better, easier and happier though increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
We strongly believe that our people’s competitive spirit, proactive leadership, and expertise helps drive the company forward. As such, LG is the right place for you if:
You are a smart cookie. You like to dig into the data and find creative solutions.
You are motivated and driven. You thrive on a challenge and want to be No. 1.
You are a people person. You like helping people out and you want to understand where they’re coming from.
You’re honest and you will speak up (politely of course), but you do it because you care and because it’s the right thing to do.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Home Entertainment (HE) Sales Team as Head of Audio Visual. You lead, manage motivate and develop a team of Account Managers to maximise sales of our fantastic Audio products into National Accounts, Independent Retailers, Distribution and Ireland. As Head of Audio Visual, you will lead the team to formulate and agree product and promotional business plans, provide accurate forecasting of sales; plan account activities including effective product displays, agree merchandising and in-store training and negotiate range pricing and promo opportunities In addition, you will develop effective relationships with all relevant functions both with your customer and with internal teams
Role & Responsibilities
· Identify opportunities for LG to develop revenue streams through National Accounts, Independent Retailers, Distribution and Ireland
· Formulate and agree Joint Business Plan for all customers’ aligned to Sales Targets and KPIs
· Lead team to negotiate range pricing and promotional opportunities within the account – record and implement according to company guidelines
· Monitor the customer through accurate forecasting, sales in and sales out information, budgetary control and general cost management – these need to recorded and kept up to date
· Oversee and take responsibility for the Sales & Business Development, plus associated planning of account activities – including effective product displays, services, promotional plans, store merchandising, staff training programmes and sales incentives
· Ensure sales forecasts and sales targets are achieved.
· Fully understand all relevant LGEUK and LG Corporate business and product strategies including all LG’s product range ensuring a high level of product knowledge in terms of features and benefits
· Maintain high levels of awareness of market and competitor activity, customer trends and provide stakeholders with this feedback.
· Maintain accurate and up to date records and report all aspects of business to Sales Director, Commercial Director and other relevant Departments
· Manage Team Performance, through leadership, coaching and mentoring of the sales team with guidance from the Human Resources Team on Process, Learning & Development
Skills, Education & Experience
· Educated to Degree level desirable
· Proven track record of managing Sales Teams and leading people
· Proven track record of success required
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Good organisational and administration skills & attributes
· Highly focussed and capable of sustaining a fast pace in a dynamic environment
· A self-starter, able to work with little or no supervision and direction
· Completer finisher – able to be resilient to drive issues through to a successful customer focused solution
· Good judgement – able to make practical and realistic decisions within scope of responsibility
· Able to solve business and customer related issues
· Be equally comfortable generating operational ideas and solutions and delivering and implementing action plans
· Proven commercial acumen and ability to achieve commercial objectives
· Experience of working within a performance management environment – KPIs and Service Level Agreements
· Able to be flexible and develop quality, customer-focussed targets and service
37.5 hours per week; however, flexibility required in order to fulfil role and responsibilities
· Private Healthcare for Employee & Family
· 25 Days’ Annual Leave (+ Public Holidays)
· Staff Discount
· Subsidised Cafeteria
Equal Ops Statement
LG Electronics U.K. Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Right to Work
Please note: to be considered for this role, applicants must already possess the right to work legally in the United Kingdom.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV to
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)