FT Instructor Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Systems Tech – Cape Fear Community College – Castle Hayne, NC
Cape Fear Community College
Full Job Description
Castle Hayne – North Campus, NC
Full Time Faculty
Career & Technical Education
2/23/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
To provide classroom and lab instruction in the Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Systems Technology Programs for the college.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Receives general supervision from the Department Chair, Applied Technologies
- Receives technical direction from the Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering Program Director
Duties & Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
ESSENTIAL AND OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS STATEMENTS:
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide quality current and relevant instruction for workforce preparation in the Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Systems Technology Programs and activities that incorporate current technology and effective methods of instruction that meet the needs of employers.
- Plan, direct, and participate in the instruction for Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Systems Technology Programs; develop supplemental materials and tests; maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Systems Technology Programs, including curriculum development and instructional coordination; recommend, within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assess and monitor workload, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement and review with the Applied Technologies Department Chair.
Other Important Functions:
- Assess material, supply, and equipment needs for Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Systems Technology Programs; submit requests to the Program Director for the ordering of supplies
- Coordinate the academic program efforts to recruit and retain students; coordinate the development, review, and revision of program publications, publicity and other community relations’ activities.
- Coordinate activities with student services in the implementation of CFCC Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Systems Technology Programs admission, progression, and graduation policies.
- Coordinate the selection, use and maintenance of equipment and facilities assigned to the program; may identify, negotiate and contract for educational facilities and locations.
- Ensure the adherence to safe and appropriate work practices and procedures.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Principles and procedures of academic and instructional program development and administration in the area of assignment.
- Principles and practices of curriculum development and instructional strategies.
- Current trends, research and development in the area of assignment.
- Interpret and apply college goals, objectives, policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Analyze problems; identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Effectively direct the provisions of the academic area to which assigned in support of the college programs.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Interpret and apply CFCC goals, objectives, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
Reading and writing
Communicating with others
Operating assigned equipment
Handling varied tasks simultaneously
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
Standing or sitting for extended periods of time
Operating assigned equipment
Handling varied tasks simultaneously
Bending, stooping, climbing, or lifting up to 50 pounds
Maintain mental capacity, which allow the capability of:
Making sound decisions
Responding to questions
Demonstrating intellectual capabilities
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- AAS in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Systems Technology or Electrical/Electronics Technology or a closely related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Systems Technology, Electrical/Electronic Technology or a closely related field.
Preferred Education/Training, Experience, Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Systems Technology or Electrical/Electronics Technology or a closely related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- At least seven (7) years professional industrial experience in Mechatronics, Industrial Systems Technology, Electrical/Electronic Technology or a closely related field.
- Some previous teaching experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This position REQUIRES UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS be submitted in addition to the application. Please have these documents ready to upload when applying.
- Successful candidates are required to submit official transcripts for all degrees obtained, within prior to initial start date of employment. If highest level of education is a High School diploma or equivalent, proof of completion is required.
- Successful candidates who have obtained their education outside of the US and its territories must have their academic degree(s) validated, at their own expense, by an outside credential evaluation service as equivalent to the Baccalaureate or Master’s degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)