Engineering Technician III, II, I (Application and Records) – State of Utah – Salt Lake County, UT
State of Utah
$16.80 – $31.33 an hour
Full Job Description
Job Title: Engineering Technician III, II, I (Application and Records)
Do you like to analyze and solve complex problems? Are you comfortable interacting with people? These positions will serve as public information specialist in the Division of Water Rights Applications and Records Section to handle public inquiries and assist with completing, filing and processing water rights documents. This will entail the review and research of records and data to make proper evaluations and recommendations.
- Assist the public in person and over the phone to answer questions regarding water right procedures.
- Review and process simple ownership conveyances.
- Assist in the finalization of certificates of beneficial use.
- Review the water rights database for accuracy.
- Assist in review of low to moderate complexity Orders of the State Engineer.
- BA/S degree in Physical Science + 1 year water rights experience + water rights exam (90% pass) or MS degree + water rights exam (90% pass).
Engineering Technician II – Pay Range $15.92 – $26.64
BA/S degree in Physical Science Or Technical School, Associate Degree + 2 years as Tech I + water rights exam (70% pass) Or HS diploma + 6 years as Tech 1 or equivalent + water rights exam (70% pass)
Engineering Technician I – Pay Range$13.88 – $23.89
HS diploma + Enrollment in college/tech school or
HS diploma + 5 years water right experience + water rights exam (50%).
- Preference will be given to candidates with direct water right experience.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
Water is an integral part of life in Utah. As one of the oldest agencies in the state, the office of the State Engineer (i.e., the Division of Water Rights) has a long history of playing a critical role in the management and distribution of the state’s water resources. As development continues water management is a critical challenge which will require innovation, expertise, and stakeholder engagement. Water Rights will play a major role and this position will play a role in this important endeavor.
For more information about our agency (or program) click here: http://www.waterrights.utah.gov/
- Serve as a public information specialist for statewide issues.
- Handles inquiries, researches low to moderately complex water right matters, coordinates activities with other division staff and advises water users and staff on regional and/or statewide water right matters.
- Review and help develop draft Orders of the State Engineer for Extension of Time Requests.
- Assists in the processing of Certificates of Beneficial Use. Reviews water rights database for accuracy post certification.
- Review and process simple Reports of Conveyance forms and Deed Addendums to make updates for appropriate title action on water rights.
- Assist the regional office and/or the Applications & Records Section staff in gathering data from field reviews, hearings, and research to provide support for decisions to be made on applications.
- Assist and work to complete larger water rights research as requested by the supervisor.
- Utah water rights law, rules, regulations, and statewide policies.
- Principles, theories, and practices of water resource management.
- Research methods, techniques, and/or sources of information.
- Use logic to analyze or identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions.
- Read and interpret maps, plats, charts, plans, and/or blueprints.
- Read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures.
- Communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing.
- Use State or agency-specific software application programs.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Engineering+Technician&c=State+of+Utah&l=Salt+Lake+County%2C+UT&jk=f7eb393ca2a686b3&rtk=1fs9cfaamo218800&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)