Elementary Music Teacher – Coupeville School District 204 – Coupeville, WA
Coupeville School District 204
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $49.6K – $62.8K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Coupeville, WA.
Full Job Description
TEACHER – Music
Department: Coupeville Elementary School
Association: Coupeville Education Association
General Description: The teacher assumes responsibility for the education of students assigned to him/her in accordance with state and federal guidelines, Board policy and procedure, and the district Mission Statement. The position involves working as a member of one or more DuFour Professional Learning Communities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct the learning experience of each student through instructional processes tailored to student needs.
- Use appropriate assessment procedures to evaluate the degree to which each student masters the learning objectives established by the Board.
- Maintain records and/or prepare daily reports of student attendance, initiate discipline report procedures as appropriate, prepare student progress reports, and provide such reports to parents/guardians, as requested by the school principal.
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of the instructional program, and interpret the same to parents as necessary.
- Maintain a classroom atmosphere that fosters student learning.
- Professionally handle concerns or complaints in accordance with school rules and Board policy.
- Properly and safely use the materials and equipment provided by the district.
- Develop and maintain cordial working relationships with other district employees.
- Participate in continuing professional development opportunities and review publications and professional materials to keep informed of developments in the field of teaching and to improve personal performance.
- Accept a reasonable amount of responsibilities beyond classroom activities, as requested by the school principal.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- A valid and appropriate Washington State teaching certificate;
- meet the highly qualified teacher requirements of the federal No Child Left Behind Act if teaching in the core academic areas of English, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, History, Civics/Government, Geography, Economics, World Languages, Art or if teaching students who have a special education IEP;
- current immunizations;
- a demonstrated ability to communicate and work well with others;
- a helpful, calm, friendly, and polite manner when interacting with students, parents and school staff;
- the ability to work independently and cooperatively;
- the ability to make reasoned decisions;
- appropriate discretion concerning students, staff, and confidential or privileged information.
- Works in a classroom, frequently moving, standing, crouching, kneeling, squatting to interact with students.
- Moves within the school and occasionally between school locations.
- Uses a computer for multiple functions, and a telephone and/or email to communicate.
- Bends, twists, and lifts up to 20 pounds when accessing records and office supplies.
- May be required to lift or support or restrain students.
- Uses fingers, hands, arms, facial expressions, and vocalization when working with students.
- Occasionally exposed to high decibel alarm systems during drills or an actual emergency.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work to be performed by someone in this position. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Apply online at http://coupeville.k12.wa.us/staff-jobs/
Current employees apply as Internal Applicant
All others apply as External Applicant
Candidates of Diversity Are Strongly Encouraged to Apply:
Coupeville School District welcomes, values and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workforce. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This is in alignment with our CSD Equity Commitment Statement: “Whether about race, religion, language, immigration status, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, class, or ability, or a combination of these, we know that students deserve to be honored and respected for who they are. Coupeville Schools is committed to providing a safe, equitable, and inclusive working and learning community for all.”
Coupeville School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coupeville School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The board designates the superintendent to serve as the district’s coordinator regarding: Title IX; Section 504/ADA; Civil Rights Compliance and to handle questions and investigate any complaints communicated to the district of alleged discrimination. Superintendent, 501 S Main, Coupeville, WA, 98239, phone: 360.678.2404.
Posted 1 day ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Elementary+Music+Teacher&c=Coupeville+School+District&l=Coupeville%2C+WA&jk=cb03cfc969a994ac&rtk=1g405ui7qlelu800&from=rss→