Elementary Music Teacher, Continuing 1.0 FTE – West Valley School District #363 – Spokane, WA
West Valley School District #363
$47,918 – $92,900 a year
Full Job Description
2022-2023 School Year
Orchard Center & Seth Woodard Elemetary
FTE 1.0 FTE
West Valley School District is seeking a collaborative, energetic applicant to teach elementary music grades 1st through 5th.
- Valid Washington State Teaching Certificate with appropriate subject matter endorsement.
- Demonstrate value and respect for all, including typically underserved students.
- Demonstrate mature behavior and ability to use sound judgment in working with students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Relate positively to students and parents/guardians of varying socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic backgrounds, different learning styles, and various abilities and disabilities.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills with students, staff, administrators, and parents/guardians.
- Training and/or experience with technology integrating technology into planning, teaching and learning, and record-keeping skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues and fulfill common departmental/program goals and objectives.
- Center instruction on high expectations for student achievement by providing clear learning goals and scales, celebrating success, understanding students’ interests and backgrounds, and demonstrating values and respect for all, including typically underserved students.
- Use effective teaching practices by helping students effectively interact with new knowledge, practice and deepen knowledge, and engage in cognitively complex tasks.
- Use effective teaching practices including asking questions of students, probing incorrect answers of students, and noticing when students are not engaged.
- Use effective teaching practices by helping students use and apply academic vocabulary and evaluate the effectiveness of individual lessons and units.
- Recognize individual students’ learning needs and develop strategies to address those needs by using effective scaffolding of information with a lesson and planning and preparing for the needs of all students.
- Provide clear and intentional focus on subject matter content and curriculum using established content standards and available resources and technology.
- Foster and manage a safe, positive learning environment through organizing the physical layout of the classroom and reviewing expectations to rules and procedures.
- Foster and manage a safe, positive learning environment by demonstrating “with-it-ness,” applying consequences for lack of adherence to rules and procedures, acknowledging adherence to rules and procedures, and displaying objectivity and control.
- Use multiple data elements to modify instruction and improve student learning by designing instruction aligned to assessment, use of multiple data sets, and tracking of student progress.
- Communicate and collaborate with parents and the school community through positive interactions about students, parents, staff, and the West Valley community.
- Exhibit collaborative and collegial practices focused on improving instructional practice and student learning by seeking mentorship for areas of need or interest, promoting positive interactions with colleagues, participating in district initiatives, and monitoring progress relative to the professional growth and development plan.
- Encourage students to think independently, problem solve and express original ideas.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Requisition books, instructional materials, tools, instructional aids, and maintain required inventory records as necessary.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned workday as required.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Administer or monitor standardized tests in accordance with district and state testing programs.
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs within the school of assignment or on a district level.
- Participate in Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and 504 meetings as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
1.0 FTE continuing contract. Salary and work year to be determined by the negotiated agreement
West Valley School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX and Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator: Sabre Dahl, 2805 N Argonne Rd., Spokane Valley WA 99212, Phone: (509) 924-2150,
sabre.dahl@WVSD.org. Section 504 Coordinator, Dan Andrews, 2805 N Argonne Rd., Spokane Valley WA 99212, Phone: (509) 922-5478, dan.andrews@WVSD.org.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Elementary+Music+Teacher&c=West+Valley+School+District+%23&l=Spokane%2C+WA&jk=e08878679c30588f&rtk=1fu6pb4kh309g000&from=rss→