Director of Sacred Music – Archdiocese of Saint Paul Minneapolis – Madison, WI
Archdiocese of Saint Paul Minneapolis
Full Job Description
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Madison and the parish of St. Bernard are pleased to announce an opening for the position of Director of Sacred Music. This will be a combined position in which the candidate will serve at both the parish and diocesan levels in directing, executing and implementing a successful sacred music program.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Approximately 60% of the position (24 hours) will be spent as Director of Sacred Music for the parish of St. Bernard. The remaining 40% (16 hours) will be spent as Director of Sacred Music for the Diocese of Madison.
The parish portion of the position will report to the pastor. The diocesan portion of the position will report to the Director of the Office of Worship.
The salary will range from $75,000 – $85,000 based upon experience. Both the parish and diocese offer a complete healthcare and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid vacation and sick leave and a 403(B) retirement program.
St. Bernard has a 25-voice SATB choir. The Diocese of Madison welcomes men and women from across the diocese to form the diocesan choir, consisting of approximately 45 SATB voices.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church.
A commitment to live according to the laws and precepts of the Church.
Possess one or more of the following academic credentials: Master’s Degree in Organ Performance, Master’s Degree in Choral Conducting, with advanced proficiency and training in organ performance, Master’s Degree in Sacred Music, with advanced proficiency in organ performance and choral conducting. Previous and current experience with organ performance and sacred music will be considered.
Proficient knowledge of the liturgical documents of the Church, including the General Instruction of the Roman Missal, the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy, Sancrosanctum Concilium and the instruction on Music in the Liturgy, Musicam Sacram.
Proficient knowledge in the structure of Masses and liturgies.
Proficient knowledge in the selection of hymnody for the Sundays, Feasts and Solemnities of the Church’s liturgical year.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Possess leadership qualities and have confidence in leading a music program.
Ability to foster a sense of reverence and prayer: both in yourself and the music ministers who assist you.
Ability to mentor, and to encourage people of all ages to embrace sacred music.
Willingness to attend diocesan and parish staff meetings as required.
A strong desire and passion in working with volunteers.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Full application can be found here.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, three letters of reference, links to recordings and other pertinent information which would be helpful in demonstrating requisite skills to:
Search and Screen – Director of Sacred Music
The preferred method of submitting applications materials is by email. Applications will be accepted through June 17, 2022. Upon review of the application materials, semi-finalists will be invited to an interview via Zoom. Finalists will be invited to Madison for one weekend of in-person interviews and to meet with parish and diocesan staff.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Rev. Michael Radowicz, Pastor
St. Bernard Parish
2438 Atwood Ave.
Madison, WI 53704
Posted 2 days ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Director+Sacred+Music&c=Archdiocese+of+Saint+Paul+Minneapolis&l=Madison%2C+WI&jk=e174079df9af4268&rtk=1g5a4e403ltej800&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)