Chief Engineer – Alpha media – San Antonio, TX
Full Job Description
Alpha Media – San Antonio is seeking a results-oriented Chief Engineer with a proven track record in Broadcast Media. The Chief Engineer will be responsible for maintaining all station technical operations within FCC regulations while adhering to company policies to ensure world class delivery of content to our local communities. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to prioritize work, manage the stress of a high-pressure work environment, and comply with all company procedures and internal controls associated with the assigned duties.
Alpha Media-San Antonio has an immediate and rare opening for a Chief Engineer.
Join the Alpha Media team in one of our top markets. San Antonio is a large city that continues to grow yet maintains the feel of smaller cities. It is a diverse community, both in culture and economy, of which we are proud to be a part.
Alpha’s San Antonio cluster is a very active operation and we are looking for an engaged, creative, problem solver with not just a “can-do”, but a “Will-Do” attitude. While we seek someone well versed in all facets of broadcast engineering, your interpersonal and communication skills, as well as your business and personal integrity, are just as important as your technical ability.
Our RF plants include High Power FM’s, Combiner Systems, Directional AM’s, and Translators. Studios are Axia based and utilize Wide Orbit Automation for Radio. Alpha uses a corporate based IT support structure, but our local engineers are sometimes called on to be the eyes and hands for remote support from the Help Desk.
- Chief Operator (EAS & Maintenance log management & review)
- Manage engineering maintenance, both hands-on as well as overseeing assistant(s) and sub-contractors/vendors
- Maintain minimal downtime of RF and Audio systems including emergency repairs but also planning and advocating for any necessary improvements to all systems.
- Participate, as needed, with other departments for technical support in planning and executing initiatives.
- Work with the Regional Director of Engineering to manage capital projects and implement corporate initiatives.
- 7-10 years of experience in broadcast engineering.
- Understanding of both FM & AM RF Systems and Remote site control.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and maintenance of high powered solid-state and tube-type AM and FM transmitters, AM directional antenna arrays.
- Familiarity with broadcast automation and centralized audio routing systems.
- Working knowledge of STL systems, RF & Landline, including analog, digital, IP
- A flexible self-manager with the ability to prioritize tasks and shift priorities as needed.
- Military or Post-Secondary electronics training.
- SBE Certification
- Experience with Axia LiveWire routing and consoles
- Deep understanding of Wide Orbit Automation for Radio
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Chief+Engineer&c=Alpha+media&l=San+Antonio%2C+TX&jk=20d9d381b74ee640&rtk=1fs9cfb5d2v6t000&from=rss→