Audio Engineer – ArtsQuest – Bethlehem, PA
Full Job Description
ArtsQuest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Director of Production and Production Manager
Direct Reports: None
Responsible for the support of audio production and stagehand operations during live performances to include concerts, festivals, corporate events, small stage presentations; room and system set up, artist and client support in order to provide an exceptional event experience.
Note: This position supports live music venues (ArtsQuest Center Musikfest Café, Levitt Pavilion, Palette and Pour, Blast Furnace Room, Town Square, Banana Factory Arts and Cultural Center, etc.), indoor and outdoor festivals and events, corporate and private events and performs live concert mixing and all the duties listed above. No studio experience is required.
- Stage and audio production set up and tear down.
- Audio mixing monitors and front of house and stagehand operations during performances.
- Artist and client support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1-3 years active production experience to include but is not limited to:
- Experience in set up and tear down of stage and sound equipment.
- Experience at Monitors and Front of House.
- Experience with AVID Profile, SC48, Digico SD12, and S21 Audio Consoles.
- Solid technical ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Willing to share knowledge and mentor other crew.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with employees, professional musicians, customers, artists, technicians and volunteers with diplomacy and patience.
- Experience with data entry and proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office programs. Google applications such as: Google Docs, Google Drive etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends and holidays when needed.
- Corporate experience; setting up systems, computers, presentations, mics, lights, sound, etc.
- Flexibility/versatility in doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate, either verbally and/or in writing.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, see, hear, bend, stoop, reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Read and communicate in English. Bilingual in other languages a plus.
- The employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee may be required to travel between our facilities, all within 1 mile of one another using reliable transportation.
This is a part-time position that works throughout the year during concerts, festivals and events as needed; hours fluctuate depending on our scheduled events. As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties and as assigned by supervisor when necessary.
ArtsQuest maintains a culture of C.A.R.E.S.; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability. In addition, ArtsQuest has very high standards for accountability and ownership of all of our employees’ actions, whose contributions to the organization all relate to customer service. It is our goal to maintain these high standards in order to deliver the most exceptional experiences to both our internal and external customers. We work hard, but we play harder. It’s the reason we’re here!
Candidates from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply!
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Audio+Engineer&c=ArtsQuest&l=Bethlehem%2C+PA&jk=968d3e3677590c8f&rtk=1fs9cfb5d2v6t000&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)