Assistant Teaching Professor – Applied Voice and Choral Ensemble Director – University of Wisconsin-La Crosse – La Crosse, WI
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
Full Job Description
We are seeking a teacher-artist who will provide leadership and collaboration in our music program, especially in the choral/vocal area. The instructional load will include
- voice lessons (individuals for majors/minors whose principal area of study is voice)
- class voice (for music education students and those students who desire to improve their singing) and
- performance-oriented choral/vocal ensembles.
- Minimum of a Masters in Music (M.M. or M.F.A.);
- Teaching experience in applied voice;
- Choral conducting experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion;
- Evidence of a collaborative and open-minded approach to working with students and colleagues.
- Advanced Graduate Degree in Voice or Choral Conducting;
- University teaching experience in applied voice;
- University teaching experience in class voice;
- Professional experience as a vocal performer;
- Evidence of choral conducting at the university or professional level.
- Public school teaching experience would also be desirable.
- Standing (to conduct)
- Sitting (at piano)
- Repetitive motion (conducting, typing for email communications, teaching, etc.)
- Manual dexterity (accompanying at the piano)
- Talking/Singing (for longer periods during teaching/rehearsing)
- Music from many sources (teaching, rehearsals, extraneous noise from other rehearsals)
- Irregular hours (weeknight and weekend concerts)
- Driving/traveling to off-campus venues for concerts and recruitment
Your benefits add an additional 40%+ to the overall financial package from the university.
- excellent flexible health insurance with low co-pays and good coverage.
- paid holidays and sick days.
- sick leave may be converted at retirement to pay for health insurance post-work at UWL.
- after 5 years of employment, you become vested in our retirement system which ensures income post-career.
- benefits at UWL are highly competitive with local industry and some of the strongest in state and nation.
Benefit eligibility is determined at point of hire. This information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Benefits are also pro-rated based on the appointment percentage.
INFORMATION ABOUT UW-LA CROSSE AND THE REGION
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (UW–La Crosse) provides a challenging, dynamic, and diverse learning environment in which the entire university community is fully engaged in supporting student success. Grounded in the liberal arts, UW-La Crosse fosters curiosity and life-long learning through collaboration, innovation, and the discovery and dissemination of new knowledge. Acknowledging and respecting the contributions of all, UW-La Crosse is a regional academic and cultural center that prepares students to take their place in a constantly changing world community.
Learn more about UW-La Crosse here: https://www.uwlax.edu/human-resources/services/talent-acquisition-and-employment/finalist-welcome/