Assistant Teaching Professor – Applied Voice and Choral Ensemble Director – University of Wisconsin-La Crosse – La Crosse, WI
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
Full Job Description
We are seeking a teacher-artist who will provide leadership and collaboration in our music program, especially in the choral/vocal area. The instructional load will include
- voice lessons (individuals for majors/minors whose principal area of study is voice)
- class voice (for music education students and those students who desire to improve their singing) and
- performance-oriented choral/vocal ensembles.
- Minimum of a Masters in Music (M.M. or M.F.A.);
- Teaching experience in applied voice;
- Choral conducting experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion;
- Evidence of a collaborative and open-minded approach to working with students and colleagues.
- Advanced Graduate Degree in Voice or Choral Conducting;
- University teaching experience in applied voice;
- University teaching experience in class voice;
- Professional experience as a vocal performer;
- Evidence of choral conducting at the university or professional level.
- Public school teaching experience would also be desirable.
- Standing (to conduct)
- Sitting (at piano)
- Repetitive motion (conducting, typing for email communications, teaching, etc.)
- Manual dexterity (accompanying at the piano)
- Talking/Singing (for longer periods during teaching/rehearsing)
UWL provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or
608.785.8013. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
- Music from many sources (teaching, rehearsals, extraneous noise from other rehearsals)
- Irregular hours (weeknight and weekend concerts)
- Driving/traveling to off-campus venues for concerts and recruitment
- excellent flexible health insurance with low co-pays and good coverage.
- paid holidays and sick days.
- sick leave may be converted at retirement to pay for health insurance post-work at UWL.
- after 5 years of employment, you become vested in our retirement system which ensures income post-career.
- benefits at UWL are highly competitive with local industry and some of the strongest in state and nation.
Benefit eligibility is determined at point of hire. This information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Benefits are also pro-rated based on the appointment percentage.
and the Surrounding Region
U.S. News & World Report list of “America’s Best Colleges” for more than 15 years, and is ranked #4 on its list of the Best Regional Public Universities in the Midwest.
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWL, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UW-La Crosse’s diversity and inclusion efforts are guided by our adherence to Inclusive Excellence. We define Inclusive Excellence as “… our active, intentional and ongoing commitment to bridge differences with understanding and respect so all can thrive.” The goals of Inclusive Excellence are to increase the retention of diverse faculty, staff and students while encouraging a campus climate that is inviting and welcoming to all. UW-La Crosse strives to promote acceptance of all facets of diversity from racial/ethnic diversity to diversity of thought and experience. UW-La Crosse ranks 6th nationally among the Top LGBTQ-Friendly Colleges for 2018-19 by AffordableCollegesOnline.org (ACO).
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWL Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://www.uwlax.edu/police/annual-security-report/ or contact the University Police Department at 608.785.9000.
Posted 1 day ago