Assistant Director – Peloton – London
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for an Assistant Director to join our growing production team at our new Studio in Central London. The ideal candidate will have experience directing live broadcasts (ideally in a sporting or fitness production capacity) in a dynamic environment as well as the ability to lead the control room team creatively, delivering fast-paced and innovative fitness content. You should have an understanding of current production concepts that will engage our Members.
- Direct control room based multi-robotic camera and sound operators.
- Direct productions across a variety of modalities, genres, styles and formats, including Live and ‘as live’ classes.
- Effectively liaise and communicate with floor managers, PA’s and our world class instructors/talent to execute productions to the highest standards.
- Operate a vision desk (Ross Carbonite); cutting between sources, operating DVE’s, Macros and multi layered M/E banks.
- Knowledge of how the vision desk works and interacts with other equipment in the control room.
- Must be able to stay calm and react quickly and accurately under pressure and have the confidence to take the initiative and deal autonomously with unforeseen circumstances or problems when they arise.
- Must be able to stick to strict class timings and work with the control room staff to ensure all ‘pre class checks’ have been completed ahead of TX.
- Communicate and work closely with show producers and editorial team members to execute pre-planned run-downs.
- Have basic technical knowledge of a control room, including basic routing and patching of video and audio sources.
- Have a basic understanding of broadcast audio standards and levels.
- 2-4 successful years of director experience in a daily live studio environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- A basic understanding of other European languages could be beneficial (Eg. German, French, Spanish etc).
- Ability to show examples of work that highlight a mix of creative and technical expertise in previous roles.
- An excellent understanding of current Control Room Technology and current innovations that are being used in the industry.
- Knowledge of the following hardware would be beneficial eg. ROSS Switchers, Robotic Cameras, Yamaha QL1 Sound Desk.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peloton has a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and customers globally. All employees based in the U.S. and Canada are required to provide proof of vaccination, unless the employee has a Peloton-approved reasonable accommodation or as otherwise required by law.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Assistant+Director&c=Peloton&l=London&jk=279b89de0c6767f9&rtk=1fs9b0j6ut470800&from=rss→