Senior Sound Designer – Scientific Games – Reno, NV
Full Job Description
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world’s government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games’ global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
The Senior Sound Designer will work in the audio department of a game development studio. They work closely with designers, engineers, and game artists to ensure the vision for the game is achieved. They will be composing, editing, preparing and testing audio in addition to organizing audio files for games. Other duties include managing and improving the content creation pipeline, managing multiple projects at once, and staying current on game industry tools and processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Composition, Editing and testing of audio.
- Assist with key audio project (s)
- Knowledge and understanding of Pro Tools or Audio tools on Mac / Windows Platform
- Proficiency in at least one musical instrument
- Knowledge of music concepts
- Must demonstrate the ability to run sound equipment
- Must have experience with producing music
- Ability to understand microphone placement and function.
- Effective time management and organizational skills to manage a productive and timely work session
- Ability to work effectively with staff and management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to changes in the workplace
- Ability to be physically present at the facility during its hours of operation
- Must have a great attitude and easy to get along with personality. You will be working with various personalities so you must have great people skills. Customer service is everything
- 5+ years of experience in audio editing and simple composition work
- Broad working knowledge of all aspects of audio production
- Gaming industry experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Passion for Audio development
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving / analytical skills
Bachelors degree in related field.
Years of Related Experience
Five Plus Years of experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Sound+Designer&c=Scientific+Games&l=Reno%2C+NV&jk=366b5c491984eeed&rtk=1fs9biq5onpmg800&from=rss→