Project Manager, Audio Products
Bowers & Wilkins
Drive multiple new product developments all the way through the product development process from kick-off to volume launch. Work closely within global cross-functional teams (engineering, operations, sales and marketing) to achieve targets for project cost, schedule & quality. Work with our Programme Management Office to improve our processes: we never settle, and we’re always helping each other find better ways. You won’t hear ‘That’s not my job’ here. We’re all one team, with unified goals, and we help and support each other all the way.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall planning and execution of complex development projects from concept through to production ramp-up including schedule, budget & resources.
- Collaborate, coordinate and communicate with our global team:
- Product & brand leaders in the UK.
- Engineering & Quality Assurance in the UK, US, Japan, and China.
- ODM vendors/suppliers in China, Taiwan, and other predominantly Asian countries.
- Collaborate with team members, functional managers and other key stakeholders to secure commitments to schedule and resource. Facilitate resolution where gaps or conflicts occur.
- Work closely with functional managers to create project/programme budgets. Track and control spend in line with the approved budget throughout the development process.
- Analyse project/programme risk and develop risk mitigation and contingency plans by working with appropriate subject matter experts and functional leads.
- Regularly update project status, and escalate risks and impactful events in a timely manner to key stakeholders and the wider team.
- Project/Programme management experience delivering technology products and solutions that involve both hardware and software.
- Consumer electronics experience and prior experience of working with ODM vendors/suppliers in APAC (audio industry project experience is a plus).
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills combined with strong technical competency.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Meeting (online and face to face) facilitation skills, devise agendas, lead discussions and provide summaries.
- Excellent English listening, writing and verbal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and modern cloud-based tools and suites e.g. Atlassian.
- Willing to think out of the box and support other functions with innovative ideas for making things better.
- Willing to present your ideas and prior experience to our team so that we learn from them. We’d much prefer you telling us how to improve than us telling you how we have always done things.
About Sound United
Sound United was founded in 2012 with a simple mission – to bring joy to the world through sound. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest portfolio audio companies and home to several legendary audio brands-Bowers & Wilkins, Denon, Marantz, Polk Audio, Classé, Definitive Technology. Each brand boasts its own philosophy and unique approach to bringing home entertainment to life.
With centuries of collective experience, Sound United oversees the design and manufacture of a diverse array of premium audio products, including loudspeakers, sound bars, AV receivers, wireless speakers, amplifiers, turntables, and headphones. We create distinct and memorable listening experiences for a wide range of consumers in more than 130 countries. For more information on Sound United and our mission, please visit .
Why Sound United:
Taking premium brands to new heights. With manufacturing, supply chains, distribution channels and employees in Japan, the United States, Europe and other parts of Asia, Sound United has a global face and a sales presence in over 130 countries.
High visibility, broad impact. This is a high growth, changing environment, and you will have the opportunity to really make an impact on our systems and processes and how we enhance them. In addition to being exposed to new projects and learning new skills, this role also positions you to interact with a variety of departments, teams and leadership groups on a global basis.
Great time to join. We are proud to provide premium audio/video experiences to both commercial and consumer markets and, we’re experiencing healthy growth. When you’ve proved yourself a star and are ready for the next career step, the opportunities will be there.
Cultural experience. You will have regular exposure to many cultures. We’re in over 130 countries, so you’re not just focused on one culture, but will enjoy working with many.
Building on success. Our growing portfolio of premium audio and video products delivers the best in design, technology, innovation and performance to a variety of customers who seek to enrich the moment with pure sound and vision. Our well-respected products continuously win industry awards and accolades. Under new senior leadership we are investing in growth and expanding our product lines, distribution channels and markets, making this an exciting time to be part of the “new Sound United.”
Excellent compensation, benefits and work environment. In addition to a competitive salary, attractive incentive program, we offer a collaborative and open work environment and professional development opportunities. Join SOUND UNITED and let’s build an even greater company together!
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://jobviewtrack.com/en-gb/job-481c416c580006010724520c02040d13456d150608144f593f7d5f0b050b4400002e090f0f00005276291c1743441d604c0a0e094206222e090f0f00005276381b1c404e5e592c555b59134516/47a4f7a2034e61592225390b04874c4b.html?affid=ae5691469f0d1768c62823c63d58e765→