Preparatory Choir Director – Milwaukee Children's Choir – Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee Children's Choir
$900 – $1,000 a month
Full Job Description
Milwaukee Children’s Choir
Preparatory Choir Director
Interested individuals should contact:
Bill Busch, Executive Director
Please include in your submission a current resume, video of yourself conducting a rehearsal and/or concert, including 2 songs in differing styles.
MCC Mission: To provide exceptional choral music instruction and performance opportunities that foster creativity, personal expression and social growth.
General Job Description – Preparatory Choir Director:
Under the direction of the Artistic Director and Executive Director, the Preparatory Choir Director provides the best possible support for the organization by recruiting, managing, educating and directing
MCC’s Preparatory Choir, an existing 40-45 person choir composed of 8-12 year olds. The Preparatory
Choir Director reports directly to the Artistic Director (artistic matters) and Executive Director
(administrative matters). The Preparatory Choir Director has access to an accompanist and a rehearsal assistant who lends support during rehearsals and performances. The Preparatory Choir Director is a part-time position which pays an annual salary and does not include benefits.
MCC seeks an individual who is passionate about working with youth and MCC. The Preparatory Choir
Director is first and foremost an educator. He/she must have strong music and people skills and be able to interact well with MCC staff, choir members and their families. Since the position includes recruiting and managing, the Preparatory Choir Director must also have some marketing and organizational skills. The
Preparatory Choir Director must be mobile, have his/her own transportation and have and carry a cellular phone. The Preparatory Choir Director must be generally computer literate and able to communicate by email.
Specific Job Description:
* Develop curriculum for Preparatory Choir instruction, in keeping with other choir curriculum and
* Assist in the recruitment of singers in order to meet enrollment goals. This includes working with
Milwaukee area school music teachers, taking part in area “trade shows” with other MCC directors, working with MCC administration to develop and distribute marketing tools, etc.
* Recruit a Preparatory Choir rehearsal assistant to assist with attendance and other administrative matters during rehearsals.
* Prepare and conduct two 75 minute rehearsals per week. Monday evenings- Community United
Methodist Church, Elm Grove. Tuesdays evenings – Milwaukee Youth Arts Center.
* The Director will emphasize vocal development, music literacy, movement and singing games/icebreakers to help growth and retention of the choir.
* Present 5-8 performances a year. There are 3 regularly scheduled performances. Other performances are added based on interest and availability.
* Follow established procedures and stay within the prescribed budget.
* Establish regular and thorough communication with MCC parents and maintain professional conduct at all times.
* Establish communication with the other MCC directors.
* Report to the Artistic Director (artistic matters) and the Executive Director (administrative matters).
Specific Job Qualifications:
* Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in music or music education.
* Possess a working knowledge of age appropriate music/choral literature.
* Possess the ability to work effectively with students, parents, colleagues and the general public, with strong people skills, and excellent communication and organization skills.
* Possess vocal and keyboard skills.
* Possess the willingness to work with the MCC staff and Board of Directors toward common goals.
* Present a positive image of MCC.
General expectations for all MCC staff:
Internal Relations: All MCC staff members are expected to foster team building throughout the organization, ensuring effective relationships and open, ongoing and effective communications among internal constituencies. All of MCC’s administrative staff are “cross-trained”, and help each other at various times of the year when there is work overflow.
External Relations: All MCC staff members are expected to develop and maintain ongoing and effective relationships in the community and beyond, e.g.: serving as a spokesperson and advocate for MCC; ensuring effective relationships and open, ongoing and effective communication among MCC, performing/educational arts peers, the greater Milwaukee community, and the media; helping to increase awareness of the MCC; and enhancing its image within the greater Milwaukee community. All MCC staff members interact with youth and are expected to be good role models and mentors.
Background and Employment Checks: All MCC staff members go through thorough background and employment checks, including possible fingerprinting, prior to employment.
Milwaukee Children’s Choir is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, marital status, race, color, age, sexual orientation, national origin, creed, religion, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $900.00 – $1,000.00 per month
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Preparatory+Choir+Director&c=Milwaukee+Children%27s+Choir&l=Milwaukee%2C+WI&jk=b65559f7de68e277&rtk=1g3tg3v4jhsks800&from=rss→