Piano & Guitar Teacher – Fingerprint Music School – Seattle, WA
Fingerprint Music School
$45 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Fingerprint Music School is looking for the right person to be our newest traveling teacher in Seattle. We have a need for teachers in the Ballard area, West Seattle, Redmond/Sammamish, and maybe even more areas— if one of these is significantly closer to you we can put you there.
We offer private music instruction in students’ homes in the Seattle and Kansas City areas, and like the rest of the world we also now do some Zoom lessons. We started in KC in 2006, and have continuously grown ever since.
Our acclaimed teaching methods are all about customizing instruction for each individual student (i.e. finding their unique “musical fingerprint”). Some students only learn to read sheet music, some only learn to play by ear and/or improvise, and most are somewhere in between. We also encourage students to choose (or write!) their own material. Because of this, we have very high student retention and word-of-mouth referrals.
To apply, get in touch and tell us a bit about yourself. Please include your résumé and a link to audio or video demonstrating your skills on both piano and guitar.
(Note: you do not have to be an expert at both piano and guitar; we’re looking for someone with high “musical fluency” that can easily adapt to different instruments and learn new things much quicker than their students.)
- Teach at least some guitar and piano.
- Fun personality / able to connect with children.
- Access to a car to drive to student homes.
- Well-developed relative pitch / able to quickly figure out chords and melodies by ear.
- Read music (we don’t require crazy good sight-reading, but you can’t be too bad).
- Music theory knowledge— major/minor scales and their chords, pentatonics, 7th chords, modes, rhythm, etc.
- Willing to teach at least 10 half-hour lessons per week (or as many as 40-50).
- Basic familiarity with the bass, drums, vocals from playing in groups. Experience with recording software, live performance equipment.
- Basic familiarity with some of the “greatest hits” of different genres, including rock/pop, jazz, classical.
- Drive to students’ homes weekly and teach piano, guitar, ukulele, general music.
- Teach mostly kids (usually between 7 and 12), some teens and adults.
- Help students prepare for recitals a couple times per year.
- Form trusting relationships with students and families.
- Use your creativity in tailoring your instruction to keep students excited.
What our teachers love:
- We get students for you with our time-tested advertising and word-of-mouth— you can probably fill up your schedule (to 30-40 students if you want that many) within a few months.
- We get you students that are all in the same area to avoid excessive driving.
- Set your own schedule, work on your own, completely unsupervised.
- We’ll train you thoroughly in our acclaimed teaching methods, so you’ll be very prepared from your first lesson on.
- Our website and front office handles the billing, so you almost never have to deal with student payments.
- Super user-friendly website to keep track of your schedule, with automatic email/text reminders sent to students.
- 48 hour cancellation policy to protect your time.
- Super fun recitals multiple times per year at cool local music venues (you get paid for every student of yours that participates).
- Make a good living and still have lots of free time.
- Make a really good living hanging out with kids and talking about music!
Look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $45.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
Vaccination required. Masking optional, determined by comfort level of each teacher and each student/family.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Seattle, WA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you available to work outside of normal business hours (e.g. weekday evenings and/or weekends)?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Piano: 5 years (Required)
- Guitar: 5 years (Required)
- English (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Application response rate: 100%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 1 day ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Piano+Guitar+Teacher&c=Fingerprint+Music+School&l=Seattle%2C+WA&jk=7b976dfb19dcf509&rtk=1ftfcske6nq20800&from=rss→