Music Director / Accompanist – Harand Camp of the Theatre Arts – Kenosha, WI
Harand Camp of the Theatre Arts
$500 – $600 a week
Full Job Description
ACCOMPANIST / MUSIC DIRECTOR WANTED!
Harand Camp of the Theatre Arts, an established musical theater and sports camp for children 7-18, is seeking two Accompanist/Music Directors to join our team for our 67th Season. We are seeking individuals available for our Second Camp Session: July 11-31, 2022. Camp Counselors (18+) with a strong music and accompaniment background will also be considered for a Junior Accompanist position.
Accompanists play piano for singing and dance classes, working and teaching collaboratively with our musical theater staff. They also play evening rehearsals and final performances, as well as for camper and staff concerts and other special events as needed.
- Excellent sight reading is a must
- Ability to lead the teaching of vocal music
- Familiarity with popular and musical theater vocal repertoire
- Experience working with young people
- Demonstrated ability to accompany musicals, vocalists and/or ensembles
- Performance or accompaniment samples will be requested
- Advanced training in music or education preferred (or comparable experience)
- Must be 18+ (out of high school!) – Preferably 21+ and out of college with experience!
- Excellent with kids of all ages
- High energy + flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership + team-building skills
- Positive attitude, common sense, and sound judgment
- Sincere desire to be a role model for children
TO APPLY, please submit cover letter and resume to harandcamp at gmail dot com. You should also complete a general staff application at harandcamp.com/employment.
Salary: ~$1400+ (based on experience and availability!)
Includes full room + board on Carthage College campus in Kenosha, WI (valued ~$1100)
Occasional evenings and Sundays off
Pre-Camp Training: June 14 – 18, 2022 (optional, may just arrange for one day)
Session 2 Dates: July 11 – July 31, 2022 (Optional Post-Camp: August 1-2)
For more information visit www.harandcamp.com.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $500.00 – $600.00 per week
All Campers and Staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also have pre-arrival PCR Testing and rapid testing throughout the summer.
Work Location: One location
Hiring 2 candidates for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Music+Director&c=Harand+Camp+of+the+Theatre+Arts&l=Kenosha%2C+WI&jk=9c96884a2741c197&rtk=1g1lgf6j5o2dc800&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)