Lead Engineering Technician
Audio Visual Recruitment
We’re looking for a candidate who doesn’t necessarily have film based technical experience, but does have a passion for electronics and engineering, has a good understanding audio and video equipment, and is good with technology and finds it easy to learn how to use new technical equipment. You will be working as part of a team of experienced, technically skilled engineers supporting this exciting part of our business.
This job isn’t for everyone, or just anyone. The pace is fast, expectations are high, and resources are always constrained, but with your knowledge and skill set you will help to support many of the largest feature films produced in the UK and across the world. This role would suit somebody who has an established knowledge of electronics and enjoys problem solving. The right candidate will be process driven with a good degree of flexibility, initiative and common sense. Will be a team player with a positive outlook and a can-do/make it happen attitude and enviable attention to detail, who can take ownership of tasks or projects and see them through to completion.
You will work as a key part of our Engineering Team, designing, modifying, building and maintaining video/audio/networking systems, cables and components used on film sets. You will have excellent tool skills, in particular soldering which will be a requirement from the start alongside managing client requests and providing technical support.
- Design, verify, test and deploy robust audio-visual systems and components for use on film sets.
- Testing, fault finding and repair of analog and digital electronic assemblies
- Owning projects, managing day-to-day activities and tracking progress through project management tools
- Organising component procurement, manufacture and testing
- Creating and maintaining design documentation and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or related subject.
- Extensive and specialised electrical systems knowledge
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical position
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering
- Knowledge of procedures concerning the technical installation, implementation and delivery of projects.
- Understanding and interpretation of wiring designs, pin out and schematic drawings
- Above-average fault-finding skills with ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Excellent soldering and cable crimping skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Background in electronics assembly and soldering
- Computer literate – competent with MS Office – Excel, Word and Apple with ability to learn new programs quickly
Desirable but not essential previous experience:
- Building and testing the AV technical equipment
- Schematic capture and PCB layout
- Design experience with system interconnects RS232, USB, I2C, CAN Bus, Ethernet etc.
- Power supply design
- Wireless modules/RF experience (e.g. Cofdem, Wifi, BLE/Bluetooth, RFID)
- Design experience with FPGAs, CPLDs and DSPs
- Verification of prototypes and transfer to manufacture
- EMC testing, failure analysis
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Conscientious and positive attitude with the ability to work under pressure.
- A highly organized and self-motivating individual with the ability to work to deadlines, managing their own workload.
- Flexibility – the company priorities often change unexpectedly, and you will need to be able to change duties at short notice
- Lives within 1-hour max commute
- 40 hours per week
- Hours of Business – 8 am to 6 pm covered in shift patterns, with the flexibility to work outside of these hours if required.
- Monday to Friday – Occasionally some weekend hours may be required
- Holiday 33 days per year including bank holidays
Benefits: Salary negotiable dependent on experience.
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://jobviewtrack.com/en-gb/job-19124168430306004211520a06064e3300431c060010434a532f61010e0a07204500000f07040c411a6a2c1d4d4253484816060040546c0609056c3300431c060010434a532f680a080749114511010f09665210/080d106733395cf09402343b28581b42.html?affid=ae5691469f0d1768c62823c63d58e765→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)