Head of Video and Audio / Head of Content
Head of Video and Content
Location: London Office 3 days, 2 days WFH/week
Closing date: 17.03.2022
Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can’t get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business overview per Business Area:
Woo (by ITV) is a new generation digital media brand and marketplace redefining wellness. We make mental health and wellbeing discoverable, aspirational and culturally relevant.
Woo aims to engage with Gen Z (and Gen Y) with their passion points: music, fashion, and culture but through a wellness lens. We take unconventional practises that are designed to improve the human experiences, align them with cultural icons and deliver it in a way that feels accessible, relatable and desirable. Think documentaries, reality series, and endorphins releasing videos, audio and beyond.
The content proposition is matched with a marketplace of curated consumer products designed to make you feel good, across categories such as apparel, supplements, homewares, tech and beauty.
Let’s turn generation anxious into generation zen.
Woo is a business born out of ITV’s Studio 55 Venture in-conjunction with Founders Intelligence. The was founded and led by award winning CMO, Stephen Mai (ex Boiler Room, VICE, LADbible, MTV, ASOS) and is launched with a founding team from some of the world’s most exciting youth media and ecommerce brands. Our video and audio content strategy aims to redefine wellness is for Gen Z through:
- Hero Franchise Content: Long form and short form content series with a digital mindset – think everything from documentaries to semi scripted reality.
- Functional Content: Guided meditation, sound healing, fitness through an aspirational pop culture lens.
- Viral: Social series designed to drive engagement and broad audiences
This role entails…
As the Head of Video and Audio, you will head up commissioning, development and production across a range of programming; from wellness to fashion, travel, technology, arts and mental health.
You will need to manage, hire and develop the dedicated in-house digital production team as well as be responsible for attracting new and exciting talent, both in front of and behind the camera.
Beyond this you will also input on formats designed for long form linear content for ITV channel.
Video and Audio Production/ Talent
- Making sure all programmes are delivered on schedule, on budget and to the highest possible quality, thinking strategically about how to best achieve aggressive targets.
- Be responsible for planning and managing the digital commissioning budget in line with target output and lead projects from pre-production through to delivery and be ultimately responsible for legal, compliance and contractual decisions.
- Build, recruit, develop and line-manage a team.
Creative direction and tone of voice
- Work with the CEO/Founder, Exec Producer at large and editorial directors on editorial voice of video and audio.
- Work with head of marketplace and editorial director to optimise video content for commercial goals.
- Work with the PR and Marketing teams to maintain a coherent release schedule and make sure that the correct promotional and social assets are being created and represent Woo at talks and PR events as and when necessary.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
This person must be extremely organised and is able to build and effectively manage a team.
- Commercial awareness.
- A concrete understanding of the production processes, workflow and associated infrastructure.
- First class networking skills, a self-starter who is able to work independently yet be part of a focused team.
- Video and content experience within a relevant business.
- Proven ability to lead & grow an organization in a high-energy, results-focused environment.
- A high-performance focus, solid work ethic and a very hands-on nature.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage*.
(minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria is as follows:
The Ideal candidate would have experience in documentary film-making for a youth market. Experienced in music, fashion and luxury film production with a specific eye for and taste within youth culture. Able to demonstrate success in building a digital video output to targets and leading and managing a team.
- A clear passion and energy for business.
- Solid written/verbal communication & presentation skills as well as impeccable personal integrity and business ethics.
- Gravitas and exceptional management skills.
- An understanding that you have to make things happen yourself and manage the business to make sure you achieve your own objectives.You need an entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to work on his/her/their own initiative.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- This person should understand the nuance of brand defining content versus audience driving social content and ideally would have a portfolio of work that drives brand and culture and work that drives performance (ideally both).
We’re happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything… our email is . Find out more
Find out more about our benefits
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more
- There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://jobviewtrack.com/en-gb/job-1a4e416548050b4e48120020070f1a020b5476200c124e0b524b0d32060a421b222b0d000a470a4654291c1743443f7b44000a0107374f0d1c0400136761010c001c0a7d5449480b6e5f154d195751/2eebcc5965304ec259575949ba10a738.html?affid=ae5691469f0d1768c62823c63d58e765→