Band Teacher – Mount Horeb Area School District – Mount Horeb, WI
Mount Horeb Area School District
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
OUR FUTURE: PREPARE. LEARN. LEAD.
Come work at Mount Horeb Area School District! We are currently seeking to hire a highly dedicated 6-12 Band Teacher at the Middle and High School. Approximately
75% of your time in this role will be spent teaching and supporting students at our middle school while the other 25% will be teaching and supporting students at our high school. We strive to hire individuals who are student-centered, understand adolescents, have a desire to build positive relationships with all students, are collaborative in nature, and are determined to learn and grow as an individual as well as a team member.
Individuals must also be a champion of equity and understand that each and every student matters. Applicants must be committed to continuous improvement and skilled at fostering mutually respectful relationships with students, parents, colleagues, and community members. We invite you to apply and look forward to meeting you!
What Your Day Will Look Like:
The majority of your day as a middle and high school Band Teacher will involve conducting Middle School Band, assisting with High School Band, and small group instrumental instruction across all secondary grade levels. Engaging and innovative daily lesson plans and learning activities are key in maintaining a high quality musical classroom experience that gives access to all students and abilities to maximize their learning and potential.
You will also be responsible for accurately evaluating student performance and delivering helpful feedback to students, parents, and other teachers. Learning experiences that are engaging, growth orientated, and led with enthusiasm are a must.
Using various forms of instruction helps students grow not only academically, but also socially and emotionally.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Required: Hold, or be eligible to obtain, a Wisconsin Teaching License in Music –
- Instrumental proficiency required.
- Is a passionate and engaging educator who thrives when working with adolescents.
- Demonstrates and supports a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to build positive, nurturing relationships with all learners.
- Exemplary commitment to high professional standards and ethics.
- The ability to provide a safe and positive learning environment for large groups of students.
- An understanding of Professional Learning Communities and Standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including positive problem solving, collaboration, teamwork, active listening, and respect and the ability to work with a variety of young people and adults.
- Effective public relations skills and maintains positive home-school communications and relationships.
- Has an excellent background in current teaching and learning strategies, specifically incorporating innovative strategies to differentiate and scaffold for students with varying skill levels.
- Has the ability to maintain a positive and safe learning environment.
- Collaborates and has a solution oriented mindset.
- Has the ability to be flexible and adaptable, especially during times of change.
- Demonstrates proficient skills with the Google Suite
- Able to interact with others effectively, follow directions and initiate activities independently.
- Bilingual (Spanish) skills and abilities are a plus.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive salary and a variety of benefits for full-time employees including, but not limited to: health insurance, vision and dental, flex spending, short and long-term disability plans, life insurance, retirement plans and paid time off.
The safety and well being of our staff, students and families are important, and we have implemented standard operating procedures throughout the district including guidelines around cleaning, hygiene, illness and protective measures.
Why People Stay:
Great relationships built on collaboration and communication shared by all staff members, students, and parents which makes for a successful team and all around cooperation/satisfaction. MHASD has a friendly and inviting atmosphere which allows for educational freedom and continuous professional development with room to grow within the school district.
Who We Are:
We’re pleased to be nationally recognized for excellence in education. Mount Horeb
Area School District is dedicated to high levels of achievement and skills through academically enhanced curriculum and priorities for the arts for our 2400+ students and families served. Our District’s mission, in partnership with the community, is dedicated to nurturing, educating and challenging our students; preparing and empowering them to be productive, responsible and self- fulfilled members of society. If you’re passionate and dedicated, Mount Horeb Area School District is an ideal place to make a difference every day and empower our students. Apply today!
Applications should be submitted by Thursday March, 24, 2022 for top consideration.
Please do not mail or email application materials.
Applications submitted on Indeed will not be considered. To apply, please submit your complete application on WECAN at https://wecan.waspa.org/Employer/Vacancy/PublicCertified/3300.
The Mount Horeb Area School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the School District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 86%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 1 day ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Band+Teacher&c=Mount+Horeb+Area+School+District&l=Mount+Horeb%2C+WI&jk=5ae09153819f8cd0&rtk=1ftt4ckb6o1mb800&from=rss→