Audio Visual/IT Technician
University of Kent
We have a two exciting opportunities for you to join our Information Services department as an Audio-Visual (AV) Technician, based at either our Canterbury or Medway Campus.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organised individuals who are flexible in their approach, to join our dedicated and professional team to deliver a comprehensive range of high-quality AV and IT technical services. The university utilises sector standardised professional AV and IT equipment in over 200 learning, teaching, and meeting room spaces.
In this role you can expect from us:
- A Friendly, open and collaborative working environment
- Support in your development
- Very generous annual leave
- We have a supportive home/hybrid working policy
- A fantastic and beautiful campus, including many facilities you as a staff member would be able to use
- Great staff benefits
- Great pension scheme.
About the role:
You will work as an effective team member to deliver a comprehensive range of high quality audio visual (AV) and IT technical services to the university community, including installation, configuration and maintenance of audio visual hardware, IT equipment and application. You will support AV equipment across campus to optimise the use of teaching technology within the University.
In this role you will:
- Support the ‘Learning Spaces Technology Lead’ with planning, specification, installation, and configuration of audio-visual installations for a range of meeting and learning spaces
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve third line AV issues, to provide a timely resolution to technical problems.This may include working at height, lifting and movement of equipment
- Maintain detailed asset records, AV schematics and diagrams, with emphasis on support and user documentation.
- Have basic knowledge of networking PCs
- Participate in and manage allocated specialised projects, working closely with fellow experts to understand and deliver against institutional requirements and priorities
- Support the development of automatic monitoring, fault detection and service reporting with an aim of continual service improvement
What we are looking for in the right candidate, you will:
- Be educated to A-Level standard or have equivalent work experience in the field advertised.
- Be experienced in supporting and maintaining audio-visual (AV) and related equipment
- Have a working knowledge of an AV control configuration application (Extron is used primarily at the University of Kent)
- Have working knowledge of PC installation and configuration in a business or similar environment
- Have knowledge of physical and electrical safety for equipment installations.
Further details and Application
Applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You are required to complete the main details section of the application.
Please ensure you answer all questions fully including how you meet the criteria of the role including examples.
Please note that we prioritise applications from current University of Kent redeployees. We will let you know if this post is to be filled by a redeployee as, in this instance, your application will unfortunately not be taken forward
Applications must be made via the University’s online application system; CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
The University of Kent values diversity and promotes equality at all levels
Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, interviews may take place remotely
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://jobviewtrack.com/en-gb/job-1f1f416c58000601072249101d00024731451700071a49425c432f251a0a4e1b003501121b0609003d3c6b325f4f54420d32061d52154c6121354e3300431c060010434a532f6c110b07485474060b09000e0649150668421e1e051f19/1506fc33541fef45bcc5fa7f1a2d2fdb.html?affid=ae5691469f0d1768c62823c63d58e765→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)