Audio Visual Engineer – Nottingham
Here at Prospero, we are working with an award winning supplier of Audio Visual solutions. Our client delivers a range of Audio Visual solutions from the simple to the complex to clients in the Education and Corporate markets. We are searching for a Senior AV Engineer / Technician to join their well established company based in Sheffield to be involved in audio visual installation projects.
- Senior Audio Visual Engineer
- Permanent role
- Based in Nottingham
- Paying £26K + Overtime
About The Role:
- Able to work to a flexible and responsive installation/service schedule within the North – it maybe that a UK-wide remit is required where potential overnight stays are required.
- Install, diagnose and repair technical problems in Audio-Visual systems, including soldering, cable termination, fault-finding, running cables and containment, fixing wall brackets, building AV racks, etc.
- Commissioning the installed sound & video equipment, ensuring a high-quality end result for the customer
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing of systems, and ensure installations are to company standards
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds Company standards, stays in sync with customer standards, and follows safety requirements
- Able to take the lead on small projects, managing a small team of technicians/engineers
- Able to work alone to find and present faults and concerns in systems without receiving explicit direction
- Provide extraordinary customer service and answer any customer questions as onsite presence and demonstrate an appreciation of a sensitive working environment
- Provide professional assessments and advice for customers
- Liaising with contractors and other workers in new-build sites, representing the organisation to a professional standard and be a brand advocate
- Wanting to focus on continual improvements to processes, systems and skillsets
- Additionally, it is important as an Audio-Visual Engineer that you understand the need for flexibility and to tackle duties that may be deemed part of the role of a developing business with a national client base.
- The ability to work both as a team member as well as on your own initiative
- The ability to take the lead when needed
- Previous installation experience in audio visual equipment and/or installation
- Knowledge and practical ability of building structures and experience of fitting equipment to internal and external structures with regards to a comprehensive suite of audio-visual equipment
- A strong capability of identifying and completing potential problems
- Knowledge of safe working practices and a safe operation of basic hand and power tools (formal training can be provided)
- Excellent IT knowledge with a basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications including Word and Excel
- A full UK driving licence
Our Client Offer the Following:
- Normal office hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm, though again, flexibility is required
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Involvement in a fast-growing company
- Relaxed working environment
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension contributions
- Investors in People accreditation
- Regular and interesting team socials
- Bonus based on personal performance
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- Eye care and annual flu jabs
- Quality hotels with private individual rooms
- Smart, comfortable offices
- Premium tools and equipment
- Premium, modern work vehicles to engineering specification
- Regular and interesting team socials
Prospero are the leading audio-visual recruitment agency with thousands of jobs daily. If this role does not interest you but you are looking for AV jobs, please contact us on 0207 404 6383 (Option 5)
Applicants must have the full right to work in the UK and be able to commute to Central London. If you wish to find out more about this role, please apply with an up-to-date CV.
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://jobviewtrack.com/en-gb/job-134e416c58000601072249101d000247204e130107164f593f6c58000601072249101d0002652455100106536f455a4443010a1c25314e04010f0b021722351d0d1a452a0c1e1452595f/12f298d5717946002954c77d6e65c72d.html?affid=ae5691469f0d1768c62823c63d58e765→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)